LIRIC successfully filed 340 tax returns on behalf of our clients. Some were very last minute – you know who you are! We thought you might be interested in some of the previous years unsuccessful excuses used in failed appeals against HMRC penalties for late filing and payment:
- My pet dog ate my tax return…and all the reminders.
- I was up a mountain in Wales, and couldn’t find a post box or get an Internet signal.
- I fell in with the wrong crowd.
- I’ve been travelling the world, trying to escape from a foreign intelligence agency.
- I’ve been busy looking after a flock of escaped parrots and some fox cubs.
- A work colleague borrowed my tax return, to photocopy it, and didn’t give it back.
- I live in a camper van in a supermarket car park.
- My girlfriend’s pregnant.
- I was in Australia.
On 6 April those HMRC “Notices to file a tax return for 5/4/15” will be coming through your post box – so get organised – let LIRIC have everything in good time and not only does your tax return get filed but we can advise you of your tax liability – preventing any unexpected payments. LIRIC will be writing to you soon.